There are 5 warning signs you can look for:
- Unusual noises. If you notice that your air conditioner makes a funny sound when you turn it on, such as rattling, rumbling, creaking, grinding, or scraping, it may be that there is a belt that has slipped out of place or that there is another problem with the system.
- Unusual smells. In some cases, you may smell a burnt, acrid, or pungent odor when you turn on your air conditioner. This could be caused by faulty wiring insulation that has burned inside the unit. Furthermore, musty smells are an indication that there is mold in your air conditioner or ducts.
- High humidity. Air conditioners are designed to remove excess humidity from your indoor environment. If your home is humid even when your air conditioner is running, it may be that the system is malfunctioning.
- Inadequate or warm air flow. If the air conditioner’s compressor is worn down, it may fail to properly circulate cold air throughout your home. Warm air, or cool air that is not coming through the vents strong enough to maintain your indoor temperature, is a sign of a problem with either your air conditioner or ducts.
- Refrigerant or moisture leaks. Pools of refrigerant or water around your air conditioner is a clear sign of a leak. Moisture may leak from the unit onto the ground, or it may appear in the form of ice on the copper refrigerant lines that run out of the condenser.
Our Tuscaloosa AC Repair Technicians Can Provide a Solution!
At Banks Quarles, we provide efficient air conditioner repair services in Tuscaloosa. Having a malfunctioning air conditioner is inconvenient, and puts you at risk for poor indoor air quality. That is why it is important to seek experienced help at the first sign of an issue. Our team will inspect the unit, determine the problems, and repair or replace necessary components in a timely manner.
For all your AC repair needs, trust our Tuscaloosa AC technicians to get the job done right the first time. Call our office today at (205) 614-5560 to schedule an appointment.