Why do you need to improve your indoor air quality? Poor indoor air quality can lead to:
- Increased risk of illness
- Worsened allergy symptoms
- More severe asthma symptoms
- Increased risk for respiratory problems
- Sore throat, congestion, and nasal problems
- Dry air, leading to discomfort
- Excessive humidity
If you’ve noticed signs of poor indoor air quality in your home or business, such as frequent illness/allergies, more severe asthma symptoms, clogged or dirty vents, recurring flu or colds, and more, it’s probably time to think about improving your indoor air quality.
Easy Ways to Improve Indoor Air Quality
While poor indoor air quality can have serious effects on your health and comfort, improving your indoor air quality doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, there are quite a few simple ways to promote cleaner, healthier air throughout your home or business that cost you very little time and money.
Some ways that you can improve your indoor air quality include:
- Install an air purification/filtration system
- Schedule an inspection for asbestos
- Keep your home clean and dust-free
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter
- Mop with just water or use a microfiber mop
- Put door mats outside every entrance
- Install a whole-home humidifier/dehumidifier
- Have your air ducts regularly cleaned
- Refrain from smoking indoors
- Test your home or business for radon
- Switch to natural, fragrance-free cleaners
If your home has indoor animals, smokers, or lots of residents, you’re more at risk for poor indoor air quality. Similarly, if you own a business that employs numerous individuals or requires frequent cleaning, it’s wise to keep indoor air quality at the forefront of your mind. A few simple changes can make a world of difference.
Air Purification Systems: Do they Really Work?
The short answer: yes! Air purification systems, such as UV light air filters, HEPA technology, negative ion air purifiers, and others really do make a significant difference in your overall indoor air quality. Investing is such a system is the simplest way to ensure that your home or business is a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment. There are a variety of different types of systems currently on the market, each with its own set of pros and cons. The best type of system for your space will depend largely on what you hope to accomplish. Our licensed and insured technicians can help you find the perfect solution for your unique needs.
Find out more about our Tuscaloosa indoor air quality services, including air filtration system installation, by calling us at (205) 614-5560 today!