Here are five signs you might need plumbing repair services:
- Increased water bills: You probably have a good estimate of how much you will be spending on your water utilities each month based on your average water use amount. If you notice your water bill has spiked but your rate has not, it can be the first sign that there is an uncapped leak somewhere on your property.
- Soggy landscaping: When a leak springs in the pipework under your yard, it can be great enough to inundate the soil. You may notice the ground is unusually wet in certain areas, or even soft underfoot. Be careful and act quickly to get it inspected, as it could cause a sinkhole if left to worsen.
- Slow drains: From kitchen sinks to showers, all the drains in your home should wash water away quickly and predictably. If you have a drain that is taking longer and longer to get rid of excess water, then it is probably being caused by a plumbing problem, such as a significant clog or pipework damage.
- Backflow: No drains in your home should get backflow in them while using another faucet or appliance. For example, a common issue people encounter is dirty water coming out of the kitchen sink while the dishwasher is being used. This is a problem that should be addressed by a professional plumber.
- Foul odors: Another common indicator of an underlying and unseen plumbing issue might not be un-smelled: foul odors. If you come home to bad stenches, see if you can stomach sniffing it to the source room, like a bathroom or the kitchen. There could be a clog or similar problem in the plumbing in that room.