Are You In Need of a Plumbing Repair? Here’s How You Can Know
When you have a major plumbing problem, you might know right away due to your basement flooding or the kitchen sink turning into a geyser. However, most plumbing issues will not telegraph themselves to you so obviously, yet can still cause significant damage to your property. In order to make certain you do not need plumbing repair services, keep an eye open for more subtle yet telltale signs of a problem requiring a professional’s attention.
Here are five signs you might need plumbing repair services:
- Increased water bills: You probably have a good estimate of how much you will be spending on your water utilities each month based on your average water use amount. If you notice your water bill has spiked but your rate has not, it can be the first sign that there is an uncapped leak somewhere on your property.
- Soggy landscaping: When a leak springs in the pipework under your yard, it can be great enough to inundate the soil. You may notice the ground is unusually wet in certain areas, or even soft underfoot. Be careful and act quickly to get it inspected, as it could cause a sinkhole if left to worsen.
- Slow drains: From kitchen sinks to showers, all the drains in your home should wash water away quickly and predictably. If you have a drain that is taking longer and longer to get rid of excess water, then it is probably being caused by a plumbing problem, such as a significant clog or pipework damage.
- Backflow: No drains in your home should get backflow in them while using another faucet or appliance. For example, a common issue people encounter is dirty water coming out of the kitchen sink while the dishwasher is being used. This is a problem that should be addressed by a professional plumber.
- Foul odors: Another common indicator of an underlying and unseen plumbing issue might not be un-smelled: foul odors. If you come home to bad stenches, see if you can stomach sniffing it to the source room, like a bathroom or the kitchen. There could be a clog or similar problem in the plumbing in that room.
Since first opening our doors in 1920, Banks Quarles Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electrical has been committed to delivering top-quality home services at competitive prices to the people of Tuscaloosa. If you are worried that your home has a plumbing problem, contact our plumbers to tell them what is going on, and we can tell you what can fix it. We answer the phone 24/7 for plumbing emergencies and client convenience.
Our team wears clean uniforms and will keep your home tidy by
wearing boot covers and using mats to cover work areas, plus we'll
up before we leave.